Ingredients:* 1 pkg yellow cake mix
* 1 can (15 oz) Pumpkin, divided
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1/3 cup oil
* 4 eggs
* 1 and 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice divided* 1 pack of instant vanilla pudding mix
* 1 cup of sour cream
* 2 pks (8 oz) Cream cheese
* 1 cup powdered sugar
* 1 tub of Cool whip topping thawed
* 1/4 cup of your favorite chocolate shavings
* You will need 12" spring form pan or two 9" round cake pans.
* Heat oven to 350 F
* Beat cake mix, pudding mix, 1 cup pumpkin, milk, oil, eggs, sour cream and 1 tsp spice in large bowl.
* Mix until well blended.
* Bake for 35 min or until the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
* Cool cake pans for 10 min.
* Remove cake from pan and cool completely.
* Beat cream cheese in a bowl with mixer until creamy.
* Add powdered sugar, remaining pumpkin and spice.
* Mix well, gently stir in cool whip.
* Mix until everything is well incorporated.
* Make a horizontal cut around side of the cake, using long serrated knife.
* Remove the top layer by sliding a round 9-12 inch cardboard round, keep aside, repeat this process making three slices.
* Carefully place the bottom layer of cake on a paper dolly on a serving plate.
* Finally frost the cake all the way around. Break the Kit Kats in to single sticks and stack them around the cake making a fence like structure around the cake.
* Sprinkle chocolate shaving.
* If you wish to use caramel sauce with pecans as topping, you don't frost the top layer of cake.
For the caramel sauce you would need 10 caramel square, 1 tbl spoon of milk and 1/4 cup of chopped pecans.
* Microwave both on high for 2 min or until caramel begin to melt.
* Stir until caramels are completely melted.
*Drizzle over cake just before serving and top with nuts.
Recipe modified and adapted by Surekha from Original Recipe Source: Kraft Recipes
Photograph of caramel topping from Kraft recipes website link as follows: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/luscious-four-layer-pumpkin-cake-65930.aspx.
Rest of the photographs by Surekha.