2 cups of heavy whipping cream
3 cups of roasted lightly salted Macadamia nuts
1/2 can of condensed milk
1/3 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 cup of Caro syrup
1 tablespoon of Vanilla extract
1 can of evaporated milk
1 tub of whipped topping
- Chop the Macadamia nuts to desired consistency in food processor.
- Beat eggs.
- Add evaporated milk and condensed milk, beat until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add vanilla and sugar and corn syrup,
- Beat with hand blender until everything is smooth and well blended.
- Add whipping cream and nuts.
- Add whipped topping and mix well with hand blender. (if making in two batches, may want to hold off on adding entire tub of whipped topping, and add to second batch just before making the ice cream next day.
- Pour 1/2 of content in 1 quart ice cream make and put the rest in fridge.
- Follow direction on the ice cream maker.
- Takes about 30 min to make 1 quart at a time.
- Scoop out the ice cream in freezer safe plastic container and freeze until serving.
- Freeze the washed empty ice cream maker container in freezer and make the next batch when this container is ready (about 8 hours)
- Pour the ice cream in same container freeze the ice cream and serve as needed.
- You may top it with desired topping or just serve plane.
- I used 3 cups of Macadamia nuts because the ice cream that we tried in Hawaii was loaded with nuts.
- If you desire less nuts, you can cut down the quantity to 2 cups of nuts, but may want to use less sugar.
- Instead of using Caro syrup and sugar you can use one entire can of condensed milk.
- Instead of using heavy cream you can use coconut milk or half and half.
D E L I C I O U S !
Recipe and Photographs by Surekha.