Search This Blog

Monday, April 16, 2012

Sour Cream Coffee Cake























My colleague Jan H. at work is just amazing !! Whenever she brings a dish to share, and you ask for a recipe, she will pull out her pen and write it down for you on the spot.

She brought this Coffee cake at work other day and I loved it. When I asked for recipe, as usual Jan pulled out her pen and wrote down the recipe from her memory.

My son was home this weekend, I baked it and it came out perfect!! He loved it :)

Thanks Jan :)



Ingredients



* 2 sticks of Margarine or Butter (I used the real thing ;)

* 1 1/4 cup white sugar

* 2 eggs

* 1 cup sour cream

* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

* 2 cups all-purpose flour

* 1 teaspoon baking powder

* 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda

* 1/4 teaspoon salt



For filling:


* 1 cup chopped walnuts

* 3 tablespoon sugar (I used brown sugar)

* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon



Method:



* Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

* Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.

* In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.

* Beat in the eggs one at a time.

* Then stir in the sour cream and vanilla.

* Mix in 2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

* Spread 1/2 of batter in the prepared pan.


Prepare the filling:


Mix chopped nuts, cinnamon and sugar.


* Sprinkle 1/2 of the filling on with 1/2 the cake batter that you spread on the grease pan.

* Spread second half of batter over the filling, and top with remaining filling.

* Bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.

* Only thing different I did was I used brown sugar for filling instead of regular sugar and I served it with Maple butter sauce. Recipe for this sauce on this blog in the post "Applebee's Walnut Blondie with Maple Butter Sauce"



Recipe Source: The Best Baker at my work and my dearest colleague Jan H.

Photographs by Surekha.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...