Search This Blog

Thursday, September 19, 2013

My Very Bold, Spicy and Tangy Tex-Mex Cranberry Salsa

Halloween and Thanksgiving are  around the corner. This would be a perfect appetizer/side dish for all fall season parties and for Halloween and  Thanksgiving. 


 


This recipe was inspired by my dear friend Sulu.
I had Cranberry Salsa about 2 years ago at her house and I loved it !! She emailed me the recipe, Thank you Sulu :) However I deleted it by mistake, before I could make the salsa.


 





 




I did buy some cranberries and put them in the freezer thinking that one of these days I will make this salsa, but never got around to it.

I was trying to remember the recipe and came up with the ingredients from the taste that I remembered at her house and bits and pieces from the email from my memory.
 



Ingredients:
One 12 oz bag of fresh or  frozen cranberries
One yellow onion chopped
2 green onions chopped with green part
1 fresh Jalapeno pepper
1/2 cup pickled Jalapeno pepper with its vinger
2 fresh limes
1 bunch of fresh Cilantro
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of red wine vinegar
2 teaspoon of ginger paste (optional)


1/4 cup of chilli garlic sauce from Oriental store
or  6-8 pods of garlic
1/4 cup of Paprika powder
2 table spoon of cayenne pepper powder
1 table spoon of powdered roasted cumin seeds
Salt to taste




Method:
Chop onions, cilantro,  fresh jalapeno pepper.
Fine grind onion, cilantro, green onions, pickled jalapenos and fresh jalapeno in food processor.
Add lime juice from 2 fresh lime.
Add frozen or fresh cranberries and grind everything to desired consistency.
Add salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, chili garlic sauce, ginger paste, sugar and red vine vinegar.
Puree everything to desired fine consistency, I like mine to be pureed well.







 









 Serve with variety of corn chips to compliment all the beautiful fall colors.
Can refrigerate this for up to 2-4 wks.

This recipes yields about  3 quarts. I must say it came out delicious.  I made it yesterday and more than half of it is already gone !!

Enjoy :)

Recipe adapted by Surekha from a recipe given to her by her dear friend Sulu
Photographs by Surekha.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...