Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Gluten Free Soft and Chewy Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

These flour-less cookies are very delicious, nutritious and loaded with protein !!
A while ago when I was on my health frenzy, I bought a big jar of unsweetened Almond Butter, which was only consumed by me and no one else was very fond of.  I had 2 cups of jar of Almond butter sitting in my pantry, which I thought I could make something out of.  I had seen peanut butter cookies with eggs at one of  the cooking  demo parties.  I decided to look for a recipe for  peanut butter cookies, so I can replace the peanut butter with almond butter and I came across a few. I liked the one on KingArthurFlour.com for peanut butter flour-less cookies.  I adapted this recipe with my modifications and came up with these absolute delicious, chewy and gooey cookies using almond butter.

Ingredients: 
2 cups of unsweetened Almond butter
2 eggs
1 cup of  brown sugar
1 cup of slivered blanched almond longitudinally sliced.
3/4 cup of maple syrup
1 cup of mini semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of vanilla
Pinch of salt

Method:
  • Preheat oven at 350 degrees F
  • In the mixing bowl  beat eggs, add baking soda, almond butter, maple syrup, salt, vanilla and brown sugar.
  • Beat everything well in electric mixer.
  • Fold in chocolate chips and slices almonds.
  • Take two cookies sheets lined with silicone mats and parchment paper.
  • Scoop dough and place the cookie dough on these cookies sheet. 
  • You can make them small or large with about 2 tables spoon scoops.
  • Bake for  15 min for softer cookies and for 18-20 min for crispier cookies (this is for the large cookies that I made.
  • If you decide to make small cookies you may bake them for 10-12 min). 
  • Keep in mind that oven temp varies in all oven, so keep an eye on them,
  • They may look like they are not baked and may look soft when you take them out of oven, but will be okay once cooled down.
  • Allow the cookies to cool for 15 min, then transfer them to wire rack to cool completely.
  • These cookies can be stored at room temp for up to one week and they freeze well too if you decide to make them ahead of time.
This recipe yields 18-20 large cookies.

Recipe adapted by Surekha
from Kingarthurflour.com
Photographs by Surekha.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...