Search This Blog

Monday, January 1, 2018

Funfetti Pancakes from ready made Cake Mix


I am posting this recipe on special request from my nephew Vardaan.  I had made these pancakes when my son was visiting for Christmas and then I took the batter to  my sister's house and made the pancakes there for Vardaan. Both my son and my nephew absolutely loved these pancakes.
I had Funfetti cake mix box in my pantry and I was thinking there must be some recipe out there to make the pancakes out of ready made cake mix and I was right I found one online on this site "tastesoflizzyt.com" .
This time I did not modify anything but just cut the recipe in to half because the recipe was for ~18 pancakes and I  used only half the cake mix from the box.  I used Funfetti cake mix for this recipe. Here I am posting the entire recipe using one box of cake mix.

Here is the entire recipe for 12-18 pancakes:
Ingredients:
  • 1 box of Funfetti cake mix
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 2 large eggs 
  • 2 and half cup of milk *
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • Cooking spray
  • Butter to cook pancake 

* I would start with gradually pouring milk to desired consistency of batter. Use less milk if you like thicker pancakes. Exact number of pancakes will depend on how much milk and how big the pancakes you make.

For topping:


  • Butter (if desired)
  • Maple or any other fruit syrup
  • Cool whip or non dairy topping
  • Seasonal fruits (I used canned pineapple tid bits and mandarin segments drained)

Method:
  • In a large bowl, whisk and  mix eggs, milk and oil.
  • Add cake mix and flour.
  • Mix together until combined and smooth
  • Heat an electric griddle to medium setting, or you can use nonstick pan on the stove on medium heat.
  • Spray with cooking spray and wipe with paper towel.
  • Pour pancake batter.
  • Drizzle some butter around to cook, if desired.
  • When top of batter starts to bubble and other side is golden brown, flip the pancake with ladle and cook the other side.
  • Cook for another min or until other side is golden brown.
  • Repeat the process and continue until all the batter is used.








Serve  hot and Top with butter, cook whip, fruits and syrup as desired.

Enjoy !



Recipe courtesy of tastesoflizzyt.com
Photographs by Surekha.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...