Search This Blog

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Radish Onion Granny Salad



In Indian cuisine the "Kachumber salad" is traditionally served as an accompaniment to curry dishes which is typically made out of chopped veggies like, carrots, cabbage, cucumbers, green peppers, onions, tomatoes, cilantro leaves and all the spices that I have listed with following salad with exception of brown sugar.

I love Kachumber salad but I wanted to do something different with the elaborate Indian meal that I cooked today. So I decided to go with only three ingredients that I had in my fridge. It turned out very delicious with a hint of sweet and sour touch along with crisp crunchy peppery taste of red radishes.


Ingredients:

One bunch of red radishes, washed and thinly sliced

1 granny smith apple thinly sliced

1 small red or yellow onion thinly sliced (I used yellow)

Juice from 1 fresh lime

Salt to taste

1 teaspoon cumin seeds powder

1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper

1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder

1/2 teaspoon paprika powder

1/2 teaspoon mango powder

1/2 teaspoon black salt (optional)

1 table spoon brown sugar

1 tea spoon cilantro leaves chopped to garnish





Method:


* Mix all ingredients.

* Garnish with cilantro leaves.

* Serve fresh as a side dish with your favorite dish.



Recipe and Photograph by Surekha.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...