Search This Blog

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Creamy Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Dill


For my friend's son's Mehndi party I was asked to make a salad, which would go with spicy Indian food and yet had a different flavor to it.
I  came across this recipe on line at All recipes.com. Sounded pretty good so I made it, of course with some modifications.  Everyone including my son loved it....so much so that whenever he comes over, he asks me "can you make that salad for me to take home". I must have made this 4 times this month already, since the party which was in end of Sept. of this year.
Takes only few minutes to make.


    Ingredients:
    • 3-4  tomatoes or one pack of grape tomatoes
    • 1  English cucumber
    • 2 cups of sour cream (fat free or low fat) or to taste
    • 1  cup of plain Greek yogurt
    • 1 small pack (.75 oz) of dill
    • 1 small bunch of Cilantro
    • 3 teaspoon of salsa powder
    • 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
    • Juice from 1/2  fresh lime or lemon (I used lime)
    • 3 Tablespoon of Balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
    • 1 teaspoon of salt or to taste
    • Freshly ground black pepper to taste
    • 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar 
    • 1 fresh pomegranate for garnish (optional)
    • 2 Roma tomatoes sliced for garnish if desired.





    Method:  
    • Wash and cut cucumber in small quarters, you may peel it or leave the skin intact . I did it both ways.
    • Dice Roma tomatoes is cubes, if using grape tomatoes you may just cut in halves.
    • Wash and finely chop cilantro and dill.
    • Combine all the ingredient together in a large bowl.
    • Garnish with pomegranate seeds and sliced tomatoes.
    • Chill and serve.
    • This recipes yields ~ 8 servings.























     


     

















    Recipe adapted and modified by Surekha from a recipe at http://allrecipes.com
    Photographs by Surekha.

    No comments :

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...