Search This Blog

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Easy Moist Nutty Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins wth a Secrete Ingredient.

I wanted to try out my new silicone muffin pans and had all the ingredients and with left over nut mix in the freezer from Baklava that I had made a while ago.

So decided to make the muffins, but wanted to try it with ready made cake mix.
Here is what I came up with my secret ingredient.
Ingredients:
  • 1 pack of Devil food cake mix
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup fat free sour cream
  • 1/3  cup oil
  • 4 ripe bananas

  • 1 lime
  • 1 cup chocolate chip morsels
  • 2 cups chopped nuts of your choice (Almonds, Walnuts) (I had left over nut mix from baklava which has cinnamon honey and marmalade, recipe on this blog)


Method:
  • Mash and blend peeled banana in a mixer with lime juice.
  • Add  eggs, oil and sour cream.
  • Mix it well.
  • Add cake mix.
  • Mix well.
  • Add 2 teaspoon of instant coffee (yes, that is my secret ingredient) mix well.
  • You may want to add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. (I didn't since my nut mix already had cinnamon in it)
  • Fold in nuts and chocolate chip morsels
  • Pour batter in muffin pans.
  • Bake at 350 for 30 min or until tooth pick comes out  clean.
  • Let them cool and then take the muffins out.







 

 




I used silicone muffin pans and they are awesome. Even though I was out of paper cup liners, I had no worries about greasing the pans and muffins come right out when cool.
This recipe yields 18 muffins and took me about 50 min to make.


Recipe adapted by Surekha from the recipe for cake on the cake box
Photographs by Surekha.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...